Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for HVAC&R Service Technician positions with a regional leader in HVAC design, installation and service for commercial and residential heating, air conditioning, ventilation and refrigeration systems. Since its beginning in 1972, our client has kept pace with the industry's many technological advances, enhancing and expanding their services to better serve Northeast Ohio. As they have grown, one thing has remained constant – their commitment to 100 percent customer satisfaction. Always with a long-term partnership in mind, they are dedicated to providing the best products and service in the industry at a fair and competitive price.
As an HVAC&R Service Technician, you will perform technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly at existing client facilities. Equipment and systems will include rooftop HVAC equipment, air handlers and associated duct systems, chillers, boilers, pumping systems and associated piping, all types of exhaust and ventilation systems. You will handle emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours, respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), check indicated points of trouble, analyze full requirements of system involved and check/test systems components. You will be expected to diagnose trouble/defect, determine corrective action and repair systems. You will also perform routine preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Additional responsibilities include:
- Test and verify system readings, ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identify additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
- Price, propose and proceed with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Perform system checkout and assist in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- Coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Complete and submit written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discuss problem with customer and/or office and advise of the best course of action.
- Work with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Participate in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
- Conduct training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Deliver technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
- Back up data from data servers and create automated backup procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations, and drive issues to resolution.
- Set up and configure PC workstations, user interfaces, data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches and hubs (including fiber optics).
- Schedule with trade contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed.
- Start up and test HVAC equipment, coordinate network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer IT personnel.
- Work with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Run reports to analyze system operation.
- Work with customers to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participate in final inspection and testing, and ensure customer acceptance.
- Train customers on system operations.
- Provide Plans and Control Systems Documents to Engineering for as-built drawings.
Location: Akron, OH
Compensation: Target base salary: ~$45K-$52K
Travel: You can expect minimal (if any) overnight travel; your territory will cover an area between Columbus and Cleveland.
Benefits: Our client offers an excellent benefits package including comprehensive health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K; profit-sharing program; other fringe benefits (free on-site gym membership, product/service discounts, generous vacation/leave policies, etc).
- Former Military enlisted technicians with experience in Fire Control, Weapons and Missile Guidance systems have worked very role in these types of roles.
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams, schematics and architectural/mechanical blueprints is a must.
- Strong Electronics and/or Computer and Networking skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel).
- Good understanding of Automation and HVAC systems and concepts.