We are a leading BioHeat Fuel company in Fairfield and Westchester County looking for a HVAC Service Manager to help us with our growing service department. This is an excellent opportunity for professional and financial growth for a high-energy, proactive, results-oriented team player.
We have been offering high-efficiency, custom, HVAC installations and service for more than 80 years. Our true 24/7 staff designs, installs and services HVAC systems of every residential type with quality products and reliable service.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting and an in-depth knowledge of leading and managing a service department. The candidate will develop and oversee all aspects of the Service and Installation departments, reporting directly to the company General Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- New equipment installation estimates
- Coordinate the maintenance and service department work schedule for each day
- Work with the dispatcher to efficiently execute all open maintenance and service calls
- Assist technicians in ordering parts and materials required for service calls, while maintaining ideal inventory levels
- Provide phone and field support to all technicians to help close work out efficiently
- Make sure all technicians are current with required certifications and continuing education courses required by the manufacturers and local municipalities
- Conduct weekly service meetings with the technicians
- Be A Champion/Leader for SAFETY
- Accompany each service technician on their route once a month to maintain and improve quality control. (At least 1-monthly ride along)
- Insure efficiency without call backs. (Reduce Call Backs-Goal = Fixed it Right the 1st time)
- Be a positive role model and be proactive, not reactive, in high stress situations
- Treat all coworkers with respect
- Provide excellent customer service. Manage the day to day activities of the mechanics and supervisors
- Daily review of open calls and critical problems
- Train all levels (Apprentice to Journeyman) Technicians. Organize regular training/seminars for mechanic staff and safety training and enforcement
- Conduct regular visits and meetings with key client accounts as well as all new accounts and accounts experiencing problems
- Prepare Equipment upgrade and replacement proposals
- Review all service reports to monitor technical performance and billing
- Review financial performance of service accounts with General Manager and Accounting on a regular basis, provide evaluation on improvements in company methods/practices
- Prepare service agreement proposals
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong computer and back office automation skills.
- This position requires at least five (5) years HVAC service supervisory experience with large residential and non-residential customers in Connecticut or New York area.
- State of CT HVAC license(s) and or Westchester County NY Plumbing license.
- Technically knowledgeable in diagnosing service problems and evaluating performance of customer's existing systems.
- Able to train all levels (Apprentice to Journeyman) Technicians.
- Provide High Quality HVAC repair leadership to a diverse customer base
You must have experience in estimating:
- New equipment installations
- Repair diagnostics & problem solving
- Replacement systems/components
- 24/7 responsiveness mentality
- Inventory / Supply Chain Management – Maximize Supplier agreements
- Employee/team development & Leadership skills
- System 2000 / Energy Kinetics diagnostics & New Equipment estimating – a plus
- Excellent communications skills & customer conflict resolution
- Performance Bonus
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Profit Sharing
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC Service Manager: 5 years preferred
- Multiple Fuels – Installation, Service & Repair for heating oil a MUST
- Gas, Propane, electric and cooling equipment a PLUS
Job Type: Full-time