HVAC Service Technician
Titles: Apprentice, Technician, Service Technician, Lead Tech, Lead Service Technician, Senior Service Technician
Trades: HVAC, (Centrifugal, Air, & Water Cooled) Chillers, Boilers, &/or BAS-Controls, Refrigeration
Salary (Hourly with Overtime): Great hourly rate DOE (varies from $20 - $38 hour) + Overtime (when available) + vehicle + gas card
- Local travel to multiple commercial job sites throughout the day
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, test, analyze, replace, repair, and maintain medium and large commercial and industrial HVAC/mechanical equipment.
- Make recommendations to ensure proper long-term function, operation and performance of equipment
- Maintain accurate records for: tools/material tracking, service and work-orders, timecards, expenses, purchase orders, and maintenance records
- Exceed all OSHA, EPA, and manufacturer’s warranty requirements
- Train junior and mid-level technicians to help them grow within the company
- 3 to 20+ years working for medium or large commercial/mechanical HVAC construction/service company working as a Service Technician
- Completed 5-year apprenticeship program and/or equivalent non-union field experience working on large commercial and industrial HVAC systems
- EPA Universal License, NATE, and manufacturer certifications highly preferred
- Local, stable work-history, valid drivers license
- Additional experience working on building automation controls, refrigeration, electrical, and/or plumbing systems is beneficial as well.
- HVAC: Comfortable working on large package units 20 tons+, chillers, boilers, VAV, VRF, water source heat pumps, among other commercial mechanical equipment
- Chiller: Must have advanced centrifugal, water and/or air-cooled chillers
- Boiler: Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, setup, and install a variety of boiler systems.
- BAS-Controls Programmer/Technician: Comfortable working with BACnet, ALC, building automation system installation, hardware, software, networking and wiring of both Network Systems and BACnet Control Systems
- Refrigeration: Commercial Refrigeration/Coolers in grocery and retailers and industrial/Ammonia Refrigeration systems