Job Description (includes but is not limited to):
Work as a liaison between the laboratory engineer and the system/component/design engineers. In general testing includes the following:
- Set up and perform a wide variety of complex laboratory tests requiring knowledge and application of the basic air-conditioning, heating, ventilation, acoustics, mechanics or electronics.
- Fully support all test lab activities, lab supervisor and test lab management (including test engineer)
- Help keep the test lab a safe and clean area
- Prepare test samples for tests so that the necessary measurements can be made to the required accuracy, precision and tolerance.
- Be able to perform some tests on most HVAC types of product or component on any laboratory facility after a reasonable training period.
- Be able to troubleshoot, with help if necessary, any Unit Under Test (UUT) and/or facility problems using digital volt meters, various gauges and manometers.
- Must have good brazing/soldering skills, electrical wiring, computer and troubleshooting skills of air-conditioning and electrical controls to perform HVAC test setups.
- Understand test methods, computer aided data acquisition & test operation and provide accurate data records.
Experience: HVAC experience (3-5 years), Electrical troubleshooting experience is a plus.
Degrees: Assoc. Degree in engineering technology highly preferred (HVAC, electrical and/or mechanical technology.) or 1 year of technical school, trade school (HVAC) and 3-5 years minimum equivalent field experience servicing/installing air-conditioning equipment> experience will outweigh lack of the education.
Typical Day: Working closely with the engineering teams, running various tests, logging information. Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
Team environment: In a lab setting, working with 10 technicians on each team. 6 gas engineers, work with all of them but work very close with the 1 assigned to their test stand.
Flexible hours: No
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.