Role : Hadoop Admin – Lead Platform Engineer
Location : Atlanta, GA
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and prioritize the Application Support team’s work load
- Develop, co-ordinate and promote the effective functioning of problem management activities
- Contribute to the planning of application releases and configuration changes
- To examine potential areas for Service Improvement and act on them
- Provide input to application scalability
- Restart jobs, services and take corrective actions to keep services/applications running
- Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to trouble shoot and resolve complex problems
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Maintain application monitoring, performance tuning and testing
- Provide 3rd line Application Support on complex internally and externally developed applications
- Provide input to administering and maintaining all production and internal environments
- Provide input to the implementation, backup and roll-back plans
- Act as a technical resource for internal and external projects
- Ensure there are robust procedures and processes within the application support function
- Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies (i.e. change control,security and auditing, release, configuration, problem and incident management).
- Design, prepare and conduct training relating to Problem Management and the appropriate usage of the Support Management Service
- Working with project teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ambari, Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools.
Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce/hive/spark routines/Kafka cluster.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Prior experience of supporting application on any of Cloudera/HDP/HDInsights/EMR/MapR
- Knowledge of ETL and hadoop interaction/Nifi
- Good knowledge of Architecture in
Basic knowledge of Jenkins/Ansible