Hadoop Subject Matter Expert
Number of Openings:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the technical infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supports the processes, resources, and operators required for developing, integrating, sustaining enterprise applications and support services
- Addresses the day-to-day management and maintenance of infrastructure services, systems, applications, and hardware usage
- Supports architecture, preliminary design, implementation, and infrastructure operations
- Develops infrastructure strategy and operational policies, standards, and processes tailored to agency or department missions
- Develops asset management processes that support the provisioning, tracking, reporting, ownership, risk, controls, and financial status of Enterprise Technology assets
- Enables service desk, help desk, and call center development, implementation, operations, and process improvement
- Ensures service level management through the development of processes, people, technology, and service level and operating level agreements
- Utilizes strong business and technical knowledge of platforms/operating systems to develop and support data, databases or products
- May be responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of the Big Data ecosystem
- Understands and uses software development practices to manage configuration and automate provisioning
- Ensures infrastructure and operations security, such as network and application firewalls, authentication, identity management, and intrusion detection and prevention
- Based on assignment, requires competencies in data center operations, infrastructure platforms, and service delivery. Technical specialties include local- and wide-area network design, servers, storage, backup, disaster recovery, continuity of operation, performance monitoring, virtualization, cloud computing, modeling, visualization, and other emerging technologies
- The ability to design business and technical solutions by analyzing and architecting solution possibilities, as well as provide designs based on architectural direction that has been set. Utilizes architectural direction to work with product teams to create and manage architectural artifacts. This skill helps to define aspirational architecture, documents product design and architectural decisions,
contributes to one or more architecture disciplines by working across the disciplines to develop the best design to meet the business/technical requirements. Ability to work with other roles (e.g., Architects) to create and manage architectural artifacts. Includes the ability to write and test code as needed.
State Farm is establishing a new team responsible for the enterprise Hadoop platform, enabling the development of new applications used in operations, analytics, data science and machine learning.
At the heart of this team, we need Infrastructure Analysts – Technical Architecture who are innovative, self-motivated and enjoy working in an agile, collaborative environment.
If you’re looking for an organization striving to harness the latest technologies for competitive advantage, then State Farm is for you!
Required Technology Experience:
3 -5 yrs. of hands on experience in a Hadoop based environment
Knowledge of Oozie/Control_M, YARN, ZooKeeper, Spark, Cloudera Search, Navigator, MapReduce
Object Oriented language background (Java, Scala, Python)
Ability to connect visualization tools to Hadoop
Ability to configure Kafka/Flume· Knowledge of Maven/Jenkins/GitLab/UrbanCode for deployment
General Linux knowledge, ability to execute Linux commands via Putty, comfortable with command line Unix/Linux usage
Data design principles
Ability to read and create designs in Visio
Strong communication and relationship building skills to positively interact with business partners and internal team members
Demonstrated results in a fast-paced environment
Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
Ability to foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas
This position will have an 18-month incumbency period for a lateral move and a 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on the effective date of the position) which must be met before the employee can post for any other State Farm position. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.