Custodian/ HANDY MAN
Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors and other employees as necessary. MAKING MINOR REPAIRS THROUGH OUT HOTEL
MUST HAVE A CLEAN BACKGROUND
- Receives oral or written orders from Head Custodian and Head of Building Services.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows.
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
- Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Performs touch up and finish painting.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Replenishes restroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
- Prepares rooms for use by Library Board and organizations.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Opens and closes library building according to security procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
- Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
- Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
- Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.
Receives general supervision from the Head Custodian and Head of Building Services.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
- Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
License or Certificate
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.