Hardware Circuit Designer to develop next generation Flash and DRAM test instrumentation.
In San Jose, California we are developing test instrumentation for some of the world’s most advanced and highest performance integrated circuits. Our products integrate state-of-the-art digital and analog designs using leading edge ASIC and FPGA technologies, liquid cooling, and high density / high performance signal delivery.
We are a small, close-knit team working in an exciting focused atmosphere. We are looking for an experienced analog hardware engineer with outstanding technical skills and leadership potential. The candidate should have a strong desire to contribute to a team oriented project where what matters most is our success in bringing products to market quickly with exceptional quality and reliability.
- Hands-on development of subsystem architectures that span ASIC, FPGA and PCB implementation.
- Participation in schematic capture, PCB floor planning, part evaluation and sourcing including vendor negotiations and management.
- Circuit development including On-board power supply design, power regulation, Transistor level design, AC circuits, networks, filters, High speed circuits and signals
- Power and thermal design, development and management.
- Design coordination across HW, Firmware, SW, Diagnostic and Mechanical engineering departments
- Develop system and circuit characterization programs to qualify designs against specifications.
- Perform board level debug and validation of new and existing designs.
Teradyne (NYSE:TER) is a leading supplier of automation equipment for test and industrial applications. Teradyne Automated Test Equipment (ATE) is used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems, which serve consumer, communications, industrial and government customers. Our Industrial Automation products include Collaborative Robots used by global manufacturing and light industrial customers to improve quality and increase manufacturing efficiency. In 2016, Teradyne had revenue of $1.75 billion and currently employs approximately 4,300 people worldwide.
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
Minimum BS Electrical Engineering, MSEE Preferred
The Analog Design Engineer position requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant work experience or a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in
Candidate with a background in Automatic Test Equipment preferred.
- Strong analog circuit design with solid understanding of underlying theory and principals
- Experience in low-noise, low leakage design
- Transmission line theory and application
- Power delivery and ground bounce concepts
- Thermal and mechanical fundamentals
- PCB Layout experience
- Ability to lead other engineers from multiple disciplines and to help make trade-offs
- Demonstrable skills in circuit simulation; 2.5 and 3-D modeling preferred
- Lab experience including use of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers
Familiarity with automatic semiconductor test equipment and the various subsystems contained within is highly desirable