To apply and be considered please submit most updated resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contract Length: 5 month assignment with possibility for extension or permanent conversion depending on work performance and business needs
Shift Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday through Friday
Job Summary: Our client is seeking an experienced Hardware Test Engineer to support our Consumer Product's EFFA screening operations. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of managing multiple hardware test stations utilized in manufacturing or failure analysis screening. Successful candidates are capable of performing data analysis to identify key issues and have the ability to synthesize data into information to provide updates to peers, management and 3rd parties.
- Proven track record successfully supporting service or production screening operations with Test Engineering and/or Product Quality responsibilities.
- Passion for hardware debugging and identifying root cause.
- Experience qualifying and maintaining test processes and screening procedures to support new product introductions.
- Ability to identify and communicate improvements for current test, operations, and business processes.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience with statistical analysis tools.
- Experience automating repetitive processes. Python, AppleScript, Ruby or similar scripting language.
- Strong solution focused work ethic with a high degree of flexibility supporting multiple projects of varying complexity and priority.
- Previous success working with cross-functional/interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Set up, qualify and maintain hardware test stations.
- Set up new Lab and Failure Analysis equipment, as necessary.
- Monitor and audit test equipment and escalate issues to appropriate engineering teams.
- Lead interactions with SW development teams during the setup of test stations requiring custom SW configuration.
- Work with the client’s Hardware Test Engineers to resolve issues with test equipment and machine recipes.
- Work with the teams to maintain and present test data.
- Prepare records, charts, and graphs for presentation of results to engineering, operations, and management as needed.
- Automate repetitive processes to assist in the management of the lab.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred.
- English language proficiency and computer skills are required.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in consumer electronics industry preferred
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.