Georgia United Credit Union is a full service financial institution founded in 1958. As an organization that is committed to service, our vision is to become the financial institution and employer of choice by consistently exceeding our member and team member expectations.
We are seeking a Head Teller at our Athens (1710 S Lumpkin Street) location. This position is responsible for implementing existing policies, procedures, and systems involving branch teller functions. Coordinates, directs, and assigns work. Answers Tellers’ questions, resolves more complex problems, and oversees balancing. Responsible for smooth flow of teller lines, adequate window coverage, and general training and supervision of tellers. Ensures that all aspects of the credit union’s BSA/AML compliance policy are followed. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Actively cross sells Credit Union services.
- Coordinates teller activities and duties by monitoring and distributing work flow.
- Oversees the teller line to ensure operations are conducted in accordance with established guidelines, procedures, and audit standards.
- Assists with monthly branch audit responsibilities, including surprise cash counts, over/short report, IRC, and compiles reports as required.
- Ensures branch security procedures are followed before the branch is opened for business, during the course of business throughout each work day and at the closing of each work day.
- Coaches and mentors tellers to provide quality service to exceed member expectations.
- Ensures proper cross training of tellers in all teller duties and functions.
- Assists members with account transactions while directing functions of the teller line. Assists with escalation of complex transactions.
- Reviews member account information and approve teller line transactions within authority.
- Promotes and cross-sells products and services to members while educating teller line staff how to easily identify customer needs from the teller line.
- Ensures the accuracy of account maintenance and verify accuracy of records and logs relating to teller line and member activity.
- Balances ATM, teller cash dispenser, and cash vault as required.
- Investigates teller out-of-balance occurrences and implements corrective procedures. Ensures that teller cash and other monetary instruments are secured in accordance with established procedures daily.
- Tracks individual employee progress and assists with performance appraisals as required.
- Orders cash and effectively manages branch cash levels for maximum efficiency. Dispenses and ships cash.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for projecting and maintaining the Credit Union’s professional reputation with members by adhering to professional standards of conduct.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive and productive working relationships within the organization through commitment to the company’s vision statement, core values and business principles.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 – 3 years teller experience with thorough knowledge of teller operations and procedures.
- Solid math and/or accounting skills.
- Strong working knowledge of financial products and services.
- Professional appearance, dress and member service focused attitude.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet, and Email.
- Ability to perform head teller functions efficiently, effectively and accurately in accordance with established policies, standards and security procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure that good business relationships exist with members and problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
We offer competitive compensation and a multiple-option benefit package including health, vision, dental, basic and optional life, short and long-term disability, paid time off, annual time off, service days, Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and company matching, flexible spending account, AFLAC and tuition assistance.
All applications for employment must be submitted using Georgia United’s online careers website. Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and requirements will be considered for career opportunities.
To apply for opportunities, please visit: https://bit.ly/2HvTVVX
Georgia United Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Georgia United participates in E-Verify.