Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 35,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
The Head of Product Marketing will report to the CMO and will lead and manage a worldwide Product
Marketing team. This role is responsible for developing product and market strategies that position the company to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals, as well as overseeing and leading the go-to-market strategy across all Blackbaud’s solution portfolio. This includes identifying and realizing market opportunity, market segmentation, value proposition, positioning, pricing and packaging of the new solutions, and all associated assets and tools to enable sales and partner distribution and demand generation. The Head of Product Marketing will continually identify and assess new markets, product and technology opportunities and ensure resources are in place to drive marketing strategy and capitalize on opportunities.
1.) Lead the development and execution of the go-to-market plans across Blackbaud’s Solution portfolios
- Transition the traditional product marketing function to “cloud optimized” solution marketing.
- Ensure the development of all strategic product roadmaps and corresponding marketing plans
- Lead the process for the continuous evaluation of trends and adjust strategy to capitalize on shifts in the marketplace. Including the process of obtaining and disseminating competitive intelligence across all markets and product lines
- Monitor and analyze business metrics in regard to revenues, profitability, market share and product portfolio mix. Communicate these metrics to the senior leadership team
- Create, monitor and maintain packaging and pricing decisions for assigned portfolio.
- Translate the common positioning framework into actionable plans across the portfolio with measureable results. Ensure consistent view of portfolio and solid understand of each product/solution’s role in the portfolio.
- Oversee content management of sales collateral for portfolio – and ensure effectiveness and consistency in messaging, and assessing the types of effective collateral
- Ensure Partnership with Sales Enablement and Customer Success for front line sales and customer communications - partner across sales, solutions engineers, and marketing in ensuring effective communications that drive results.
- Ensure leverage of value proposition in developing content for product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits.
2.) Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
- Represent comprehensive view of opportunities and challenges with portfolio to stakeholders across the business, including executives.
- Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of assigned portfolio/product/solution in the market.
- Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals.
- Leverage your reputation as a senior ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for assigned portfolio.
3.) Effectively manage your business by:
- Ensuring internal and external stakeholders are armed with: value/differentiation presentations, pitch decks, demonstrations, call scripts, case studies, web content, white papers, ROI modeling.
- Ensuring strong partnership and collaboration with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and Vertical Marketing teams to design and deliver lead generation initiatives across multiple vehicles
- Ensuring a keen understanding of the competition, buyer needs, industry influencers and decision makers while possessing the ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- Effectively managing product marketing team providing coaching, leadership and assistance with resources and strategy development
- 15 years experience in marketing with most senior jobs in B2B Product Marketing
- 8+ years experience in managing employees
- 15+ years in software, preferably SaaS
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth and results for an established product
- Experience launching new solutions to market
- Experience developing and growing a high-performing team
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- Strong problem solving, analytical and mental acuity
- Business savvy with proven ability to develop, promote, and execute a business development plan
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external.
- Proven influencing skills with top executives, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Strong affinity for sales team success, prior sales experience a plus
- Proven marketplace relationship building skills with industry influencers, pivotal clients
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.