A growing insurance platform is actively building a digital technology product that is revolutionizing the commercial insurance industry. Currently seeking a Head of Engineering to join their NYC team.
In this seat, you’ll get to play an "intricate" role in a platform that is eliminating ineffective and outdated technology, replacing it with a tech-enabled platform that delivers faster claims services, giving brokers and companies more time to focus on their businesses.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Lead/Director and/or Head of Engineering, who’s built out full stack software development teams, is a solid decision maker, and has an interest in building a successful digital technology product catered for the commercial insurance industry.
Primarily seeking an organized role model that can make a positive impact that encourages high performance as the company continues to scale. Strong background in a variety of object orientated programming languages, with platform as a service experience. They have an exceptional company culture, casual dress, (jeans welcome!), snacks, open work space, etc. No insurance experience required.
Day to day
- Building a world-class software development team to deliver the company's internal and external-facing digital experience.
- Your team will develop, test and deploy cloud-native, mobile-first products, following an Agile Scrum approach to delivery.
- You will ensure that the team has the tools required to facilitate a rapid, iterative release process, and that there are documented processes in place to meet our regulatory obligations.
- A decision-maker with an outstanding eye for business, strategic and "hands-on".
Who you are
- Value the ability to quickly gain trust, negotiate business objectives, have constructive debate, working directly with a broad group of senior executives, including partnering with peer leaders, business units, and the broader community.
- Role model. Someone who can impacts behavior of others and encourages them to achieve high performance and personal happiness through a sense of purpose and spirit of collaboration
- Come from a software development background, with significant experience leading Agile team
- Built platforms from nothing to scale.
- Comfortable creating dynamic front-ends as designing back-end databases and services. DevOps, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field.
Very competitive compensation package.