SUMMARY: Serves as the customer point of contact in the Continuing Care Sales Office, in conjunction with the Health Care Sales Leader, handling customer inquiries, tours, and supporting the movement of the customer through the sales process to admission. This position oversees all resident move-ins, move-outs, and transfers within Continuing Care, functioning as a liaison between community departments and residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responds to customer inquiries (phone and walk-in), answering questions about the community, priority list, reservation process and admissions process. Determines customer needs, assists in appointment with the Health Care Sales Director, and in conjunction with the Health Care Sales Leader, conducts sales appointments and tours.
- Handles Continuing Care sales appointments and tours when the Health Care Counselor is not available, offering information on the various services available (i.e. respite care, custodial care, assisted living, sub-acute, etc).
- Manages all activities related to move-ins, move-outs, and transfers within Continuing Care. Coordinates details relevant to these processes with other community departments.
- Verifies financial information for official documentation. Collects asset/income information. Assists customer(s) in application process. Completes accurate Vision census entry.
- Maintains oversight of the work orders process for Continuing Care. Coordinates room turn-around and refurbishing process with General Services staff to ensure immediate unit availability within Continuing Care.
- Executes apartment releases and move-in advice forms for all external and internal residents moving throughout the continuum of care.
- Meets with external and internal residents to sign all necessary papers pertaining to the Continuing Care admissions, in absence of the Move-In Coordinator.
- Provides administrative support, including scheduling appointments, making reservations, coordinating mass mailings, sending brochures, maintaining office supply inventory and administrative files with appropriate information, and database input and maintenance.
- Prepares and provides weekly and monthly reports as needed.
- Serves as a representative for Continuing Care Sales when interfacing with hospital discharge planners, acute care staff, physicians (internal and those external to the community) and other professionals referral sources.
- Oversees daily census distribution process. May assist with daily census reconciliation process.
- Respond in a timely fashion to all resident and/or family requests while always displaying courtesy and respect with the intent on a resolution that meets the needs of the individual.
- Understands and role models Person Centered Approach to services rendered in the Continuing Care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-starter; excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to think and exercise discretion and independent judgment when responding to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Enthusiastic person with sincere care and compassion for the senior population.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to assist the Health Care Counselor and Admissions Team in any capacity necessary.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Ability to be dependable in all types of adverse weather, flexibility with work hours including weekends.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and excellent interpersonal skills in promoting and maintaining positive and professional working relationships with all individuals internal and external to the Community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates’ Degree or some college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a health care office environment, preferably in a nursing home or similar facility.
- Computer experience