Shield Healthcare has been a leader in medical supplies since 1957 and is a service organization dedicated to fulfilling the medical supply needs of consumers and the caregiving community with a focus on customer satisfaction. We have an overall satisfaction rating of 99% and take pride in maintaining that score. Over the years, Shield HealthCare has expanded nationally with current service locations in California, Colorado, Illinois, Texas and Washington.
We have an immediate opening in our Valencia, CA corporate office for a Healthcare Claims Clerk. The primary function of this position is to research medical claim denials and underpayments. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for making necessary corrections to meet billing guidelines.
Salary & Benefits:
- $15 - $17 per hour, plus monthly incentives
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Personal, Sick and Vacation Days
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Employee Discounts
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Problem identification and resolution of ongoing denials and underpayments
- Prepare and submit reviews and appeals to third party carriers
- Research and identify re-bills, write offs and refunds, as necessary
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, accurate, organized and have good follow through skills
- Ability to handle high volume with deadline pressures
- Computer literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Career-minded individuals will find our business challenging and our reputation for excellence just one of the rewards we have to offer. To further enhance this tradition of excellence, our employees participate in continuous training and development programs in a variety of disciplines.