Healthcare Access Associates (Patient Registration) work within different departments onsite at the hospital and at offsite locations. Healthcare Access Associates assist patients by gathering information and inputting that information into the hospitals information systems.
Healthcare Access Associates (Patient Registration) positions
- Financially clear all scheduled patients—this includes accurately verifying insurance coverage, ensuring authorizations are in place prior to services rendered (preferably at the time of scheduling), identify patient out of pocket requirements and make appropriate referrals to enrollers and/or financial counselors.
- Collect out of pocket from patient before services are rendered using tact and approved scripts and protocols. Understand past balances due as indicated by system and make attempt to collect and make appropriate referrals to financial counselors.
- Identify return mail flag or bad phone number flag in system and ensure that updated information is obtained from patient.
- Verify or obtain demographic info every time following accepted protocols and scripting with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and completes all intake registration screens.
- Schedules appointments for patient tests and procedures.
- Complete medical necessity screening on all required patients and enter appropriate code from order or select code from list based on verbiage on order. If medical necessity is not met, then explain to patient the ABN and contact physician office for covered code. Basic coding course is for the purpose of screening for medical necessity for ABN coverage only.
- Complete all regulatory requirements appropriately such as asking Medicare Secondary Payer questions, HIXNY consents, and more.
- Review and work items on work lists that are assigned to you and make corrections and revisions within 24 hours of registration.
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer functions accurately and timely. Secure patient valuables as needed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Courteously handles incoming phone calls, patient and family member inquiries, and provides direction, guidance and information as appropriate.
- Notifies insurances of inpatient or observation admissions as required, either by phone, fax or other electronic means.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate required.
- Associates Degree in business or healthcare preferred.
- Upon hire must be enrolled in medical terminology course and complete the course within 3 months of hire required OR have medical terminology certificate or have completed anatomy and physiology course as evidenced by transcript with “C” or better grade required.
- Microsoft Excel and Word Course Certificates required within 3 months of hire, or evidenced by passing a CVPH test requirement.
- Must pass a data entry test with an accuracy score of 95% required.
- Must become Certified Healthcare Access Associate within 24 months of hire.
- One year customer service experience and must be comfortable asking patients for money such as copays, deductibles, and coinsurances required.
- Upon hire must be enrolled in a basic coding course and complete the course within 3 months of hire required or have basic coding course certificate or transcript required.
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.