- Job Label:
We are an Orinda-based long/short equity hedge fund with $2 billion in assets under management and 15+ years of strong performance. Our firm has attracted individuals who are intensely focused on achieving high performance in a collegial and respectful environment. We are a seeking a highly motivated, intelligent, and talented individual to join our Healthcare team. This person will work closely with the Healthcare Portfolio Manager to develop and validate investment ideas.
For additional information on our firm, you can access our website at: www.ascendcapital.com
Please apply through this posting only -- do not call or email us.
- Content tracking and hypothesis development
- Track industry content across all healthcare subsectors
- Develop working long and short hypotheses on sectors and individual companies
- Prioritize new ideas (long/short)
- Primary research
- Assist in driving primary research process for portfolio investments and new ideas
- Attend and prepare for meetings with industry executives at broker conferences, on and off-site visits
- Attend scientific conferences with the goal of developing differentiated views on emerging therapeutic categories and new technological device advancements
- Build proprietary models for new coverage (long/short)
- Assist in maintaining existing proprietary models
- Support ideas with rigorous bottom up fundamental analysis
- Maintain custom comp sheets
- Deep understanding of the Healthcare sector
- Two to five years financial services experience, buy-side/banking/sell-side
- Strong Excel, Factset and Bloomberg skills, including significant financial modeling experience
- Short selling experience is helpful
- Top tier education is a must, CFA and/or MBA preferred
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Great attitude and strong work ethic
- Well organized (able to multi-task/ prioritize) and attentive to details
- The willingness to be flexible in order to fit firm’s evolving needs
Ascend Partners is an opportunistic U.S.-focused long/short equity strategy. Our mission is to generate superior risk-adjusted returns that maximize gains and minimize volatility over a broad range of market environments. We believe that our fundamental investment strategy is robust, scalable and can be a consistent source of alpha for our clients. Our philosophy is well matched with our clients' expectations: to consistently achieve outstanding risk-adjusted performance through superior skill in security selection, capital allocation, and risk management.
Ascend Capital, LLC (“Ascend”) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified job applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Ascend provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ascend complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Ascend expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ascend’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ascend will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Related Keywords:
- associate, analyst, fundamental research, equity research, investment analysis, hedge fund, financial modeling, excel, cfa, financial analysis, modeling, investment analyst, asset management, stock market, Healthcare