The Contact Center Agent will provide centralized answering services forcalls directed to the specialty practices located within the Orthopedic Practice. This position will act as the first “welcome” for the caller performing duties such as scheduling appointments and fielding patient inquires, concerns, and requests.
He/she will ensure that patient needs are met and promote the optimum Patient Experience. Bi-Lingual candidates (fluent in Spanish & English) highly desired in both their written product andverbal communication. The Call Center Agent will establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and their families via active listening, empathy, rapport, courtesy, and professionalism.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to telephone inquiries from patients, physicians, employees, and other callers regarding appointments, referrals, provider messages, and services in accordance with established SHMG guidelines.
- Utilize physician protocols to schedule appointments established Contact Center performance goals.
- Utilize SHMG Healthcare systems, Contact Center applications, reference materials, and websites to enter patient information, answer patient questions, verify insurance, perform specific scheduling functions, etc.
- Complete call processing in an efficient manner; remain aware of call volumes; work as part of the team to handle the call volumes.
- During all customer interactions, display characteristics of inquiry, empathy, courtesy, and respect.
- Proactively read emails daily and keep up to date on all communications.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with SHMG mission, vision, goals, objectives, and patient care philosophy.
- Participate in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate.
- Must be committed to providing excellent service to SHMG customers.
- Demonstrate regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A High School diploma or an equivalent is required.
- 1 to 2 years Call Center/Customer Service experience is required, preferably within a Healthcare setting.
- Experience working within a hospital, clinic, or medical office scheduling environment is highly preferred.
Competencies and Qualities
- Must be able to type accurately (40 WPM) and able to wear a headset.
- Must be computer/PC literate and facile in navigating among different applications/systems and websites.
- Must have solid verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills - comfortable interactions with customers on phone (and via other channels); ability to listen, maintain rapport, show empathy, and use proper telephone etiquette; good grammar, articulation, and speech clarity.
- Must have mastery of the English language - spoken and written (bi-lingual a plus).
- Must be flexible, a team player, and receptive to change; is able to learn quickly and retain new information.
- Must be able to think critically, identify the caller’s need, and solve the problem.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment, with proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset patients.
- Must be self-directed and able to multitask.
- Must adhere to work schedule; must be on time.
- Must be able to work variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.