A Medical Group is seeking to hire a highly motivated and reliable Healthcare IT Field Engineer. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service and quality technical support for all staff employees as well as physicians. Previous experience in Healthcare IT, flexibility and ability to travel to offices is required.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Interacts in person, via telephone, email, IM, and web interface to assist users
- Day-to-day support of Windows, Epic EMR, hardware, applications, and general networking
- Respond quickly to problems and demonstrate skillful problem solving
- Analyze, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues, including employee laptops and mobility devices in a timely fashion
- Support includes the diagnosing and troubleshooting of the company’s technology, including, but not limited to workstations, mobile devices, client-server applications, cloud application, local and network devices.
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains software/equipment/networks at job sites.
- Responsible for scheduling and organizing visits to job sites and offices in his area of responsibility
- Responsible for creation, tracking, and resolving incidents and tasks in ServiceNow.
- Records, tracks, and audits equipment
- Participates in software installations and upgrades
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross-functional IT team members to improve the quality of service.
- Work with service providers to install and implement job site technologies. E.g. Internet circuits
- Responsible for mobilization and demobilization of IT equipment at job sites.
- Ensures quality customer service by maintaining ownership of job site escalated issues until resolved, including communication and root cause analysis.
- Create a positive support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude
- Participates in the user support rotation
- Handling tickets, remote or onsite calls, and various projects
- Previous experience in Healthcare IT
- Flexibility to travel and work after hours or weekends if needed
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to high-pressure situations
- Expert in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team player, accepts & seeks feedback
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- At least 2-3 year's prior experience working in Healthcare IT required
- Prior experience working with Epic EMR strongly preferred