We are currently seeking a Healthcare Paralegal - Compliance and Audit on a contract basis with the possibility to go permanent. Must have 3+ years working experience in Compliance and/or Audit.
- Provides coordination and project management support for new compliance initiatives and implementations by following up on deliverables, providing administrative support, coordinating information circulation, and ongoing operational monitoring of new initiatives.
- Candidate must have worked with attorneys.
- Paralegal in Healthcare or Insurance company or out of law firm
- Knowledge of healthcare compliance/Risk would be ideal.
- Manages current processes and programs, coordinates communications with all involved, collects data, and reports results.
- Supports department by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Monitors and provides business support on compliance, privacy, and physician education and training by setting and managing schedules.
- Assists in setting up compliance & audit department document retention.
- Prepares drafts of written communications to staff.
- Develops and delivers periodic reports of Compliance initiatives to CCO and others as directed by the CCO.
- Provides administrative duties such as setting up meeting, developing agendas, and facilitating general office operation.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in healthcare related fields preferred
- Three years of experience in healthcare or academic setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to work with a variety of database systems.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently in an organized, detailed manner while maintaining a collaborative team environment is required
- Ability to think abstractly and concretely required
- Ability to develop reports, presentations, and spreadsheets required
- Strong computer skills including the ability to effectively use software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and Internet Explorer is required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills is required
- Experience in handling complex organizational projects; and an excellent problem identification and solution skill to address difficult, complex issues is required.
- Ability to gain trust and confidence of compliance team and Customers.