Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiologist - F38230
Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center is seeking a BC/BE Heart Failure & Transplant Cardiologist. The successful candidate will join an established group of physicians and surgeons in one of the top Heart Centers in the United States. VCU Medical Center has one of the largest heart transplant-device programs in Virginia and provides the full spectrum of treatment modalities for advanced heart failure, including the Cardiowest Total Artificial Heart, VADS and transplantation. We are dedicated to building a preeminent program for academic discovery and are committed to excellent clinical care for heart failure patients.Academic rank and compensation are dependent upon qualifications. Applicants must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Virginia.
- Teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
- Should be clinically oriented and possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment.
- BC/BE advanced heart failure & transplantation cardiologist with demonstrated clinical skills in the area of advanced heart failure and mechanical circulatory assist devices.
- Physician Scientists with translational research expertise in heart failure are encouraged.
- Right heart catheterization and biopsy skills are preferred.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work with a large multidisciplinary program.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, Affirmative Action University providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.