Heavy Equipment Operator
Application is required in order to be considered for the position. You will not be considered for the position unless a City application is filled out. Please visit: http://cherryhillsvillage.com/218/Human-Resources
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team in the Streets Division of the Public Works Department. This position is responsible for construction and maintenance of City streets and right-of-way. This position operates a wide variety of equipment and vehicles, specialized machinery and tools while keeping constant attention to safety. The 2018 salary range is $46,549 - $63,649. City operations are currently located at 2101 W Quincy Ave, Englewood.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair streets, including digging out old damaged asphalt, shoveling asphalt, patching potholes and street cuts with asphalt hot-mix.
- Perform street overlay and crack-seal operations, making concrete repairs on curbs, gutters and drainage structures, and placing and finishing concrete and gravel.
- Ensure that streets and sidewalks are clear, including plowing snow, sanding streets, and sweeping streets, gutters, and sidewalks.
- The position reports to the Streets Operation Supervisor and Director of Public Works. May take direction from the Right-of-Way/Project Manager.
- Maintain excellent public relations by ensuring public inquiries are answered in a courteous manner and that complaints are responded to promptly.
- Three years of related experience with equipment.
- Class B CDL required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and relevant job experience may be substituted.
- Satisfactory driving record is required for employment.
- Experience with motor graders and asphalt pavers preferred.
- Ability to perform manual labor including but not limited to shoveling and raking dirt, asphalt and other materials.
- Must be able to tolerate a variety weather conditions which may include wet, humid, snowy, sunny, very hot or very cold conditions.
The City encourages personal and professional growth through the means of attending trainings, seminars and conferences as well as offering a tuition reimbursement program. The City offers a great benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, long term and short term disability, retirement options, paid time off, overtime, and on-call pay.