This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers to build win/win solutions within an assigned territory and account list. They will focus on CWP equipment such as skid-loaders, mini-excavators and compact loaders while promoting all aspects of RDO Equipment Co. in a professional manner.
Specific Duties Include:
· Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. S2) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
· Effectively understand and use manufacturers’ programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
· Sell whole-goods, parts, and service as a customer solution and build long term relationships within their territory to maximize customer and company profitability.
· Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
· Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work site
· Maintain strong knowledge of used equipment values and be able to evaluate properly for trading purposes.
· Work in conjunction with Sales Manager and New Equipment Ordering (NEO) department, responsible for follow-up and expediting of whole good orders.
· Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Coordinating and/or communicating with customers and applicable departments ensuring timely delivery.
· Coordinate pickup and delivery of equipment as needed.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Prior sales experience and/or training
- Solid understanding of local market conditions
- Knowledge of resale values of particular machinery a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and current health card
- Ability to load and unload equipment
About RDO Equipment Co.
Founded in 1968, RDO Equipment Co. sells and supports agriculture, construction, environmental, positioning, surveying, and irrigation equipment from manufacturers including John Deere, Vermeer, and Topcon. With more than 75 locations across the United States, including partnerships in Russia, Ukraine, and Australia, RDO Equipment Co. is a total solutions provider. Learn more at www.rdoequipment.com