Job Title: Help Desk Analyst
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Duration: 7 month(s) +
- The Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to the company's Positive Train Control Systems.
- This position will serve as the initial customer entry point for all related inquiries, trouble reports, and maintenance requests associated with aftermarket products and services.
- The successful candidate will respond to queries in a timely and professional manner, collect all required information, engage the customer in initial diagnosis and analysis process steps, provide recommendations for issue resolution or escalate to the next level of support.
- The Help Desk Specialist will record and report on all transactions of the customer engagement.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Research questions using available data, log and other sources of information
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Dispatch issue resolution to appropriate resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Engage with engineering personnel and read available material to become familiar with company's systems and products.
- Provide backup support for Support Desk Supervisor.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical/Business related field, Engineering or Sciences preferred.
- Non- degreed candidates with Military experience in these areas or advanced Military and industrial experience in Project
Management will be considered
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in support services or related field required- Ability to Troubleshoot issues.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of large systems, including software and hardware desired
- Knowledge on use of call and data tracking applications, proficient in use of MS Office applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely, tailored to audience
- Ability to develop high level of credibility and strong positive relationships with customers and peer