SNI Companies, a leading provider of targeted IT resources and solutions, is currently seeking an experienced Tier 2 Desktop Support Specialist for one of our valued clients in the Reston, VA area. This is an immediate 6-month contract position.
You will be supporting an internal team of 100+ end users in a Help Desk & Desktop Support capacity.
The successful candidate will be skilled in:
- Windows & MAC troubleshooting (Microsoft AND MAC Certifications preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Configuring machines and other peripherals (printers, fax machines)
- Some networking knowledge preferred
- Mobile support (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Minimum 3-5 years of IT Support experience
- Microsoft & MAC Certifications preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Work experience in the IT field may be substituted for a degree
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and written communications skills
- ITIL concepts of incident, problem, change and asset management
- Ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels of company
- Ability to work effectively with Engineering, Operations and Technology teams at the company
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage use of outside vendors and technology advisers
- Ability to effective collaborate with technology, engineering and network operations teams
- Strong background in wireless communications and IT infrastructure technologies
- Ability to learn new skills rapidly, in both hardware and software.
- Ability to listen to, understand and defuse difficult situations.
- Ability to be Organized and effective at prioritization and multi-tasking.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please reply with your most recent resume and salary requirements to email@example.comHelp