Help Desk and Support Technician
Distributor Service, Inc. A Wholesale Distributor of Specialty Building Products seeks a Help Desk and Support Technician. The Help Desk and Support Technician will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to clients with computer systems, hardware, or software issues, also respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. In this role, you will also work on maintaining and monitoring the computer systems and networks, and will be tasked with solving complex technical issues and will also collaborate with team members across all departments to assist them with their technical requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to grow within a dynamic, growing organization.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Respond to customer queries by phone and email
- Create step-by-step training material with screenshots for clients
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware
- Document internal procedures
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Ask educated questions and listen to customers to determine root cause of issues
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Run diagnostic problems to resolve problems
- Clean up computers
- Train incoming staff
- Report significant and recurring issues to the tier-2 support team
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LA), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business.
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, Associate Degree in Information Technology with relevant corresponding experience
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer/technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining focus and ability to prioritize work
- Self-motivated with a strong analytical aptitude to identify and resolve issues
- Proactive and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- Read and follow complicated directions
- Certifications are welcome, but not required
The position is a full-time position, and offers an excellent benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k) Plan.
If interested in the opportunity, please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.