Help Desk Support Technician
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certified and VA certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Information Technology services provider located outside our nation's capital and in the epicenter of the Government IT industry. Choisys is an information technology infrastructure services provider with offerings in: Systems Engineering, Network Infrastructure Engineering, Video Teleconference Solutions Engineering and Program Management. Our proficiencies are Medical IT Services, Education/Training IT Services and Government IT Services.
Weare seeking a Help Desk Support Technicianto join a team of IT professionals at the Office of the Chief of Army Reserve located at Fort Belvoir, VA.The Office of the Chief of Army Reserve provides the Chief of Army Reserve with a staff of functional advisors who develop and execute Army Reserve plans, policies and programs, plus administer Army Reserve personnel, operations and funding. The CAR is responsible for plans, policies and programs affecting all Army Reserve Soldiers, including those who report directly to the Army. OCAR is made up of specialized groups that advise and support the CAR on a wide variety of issues.
The candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, be a US Citizen and have an ActiveSecret DoD Security Clearance.
- Ensures compatibility, standardization, configurations, and operations of all devices connected to OCAR’s Non-classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET) and Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) network.
- Maintain services within the VMware/vSphere environment.
- Coordinate ports, protocols, and services (PPS), Wide Area Network (WAN), Metropolitan Area Network (MAN), and Local Area Network (LAN) configurations to ensure compatibility with OCAR users at all locations (Ft Myer, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir).
- Perform Active Directory (AD) administration at the Organizational Unit (OU) level, Blackberry Enterprise Services (BES) account administration, Telecommunications and SharePoint site administrative duties, which includes making changes to ensure operability of the SharePoint.
- Create, manage, and troubleshoot mailboxes and distribution lists in the DISA Enterprise email system.
- Develop and test disaster recovery (DR)/contingency plans and continuity of operation (COOP) plans for IT systems.
- Provide technical advice and documentation (based on DOD and ARNet Standards) to assist the Government in developing standards and procedures for implementation in the ARNet.
- Update and maintain the OCAR Technical Reference Library, which includes but is not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), system configuration documentation, current procedures involved with providing operational support and hardware/software maintenance.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional information technology experience or related field.
- Must have experience with CA Service Desk ticketing system.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired in relevant computer-related field or equivalent tech experience or equivalent field of study: Computer Networking or Engineering.
- CompTIA Security + CE certification.
- Active Secret DoD Security Clearance
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.