Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Global Support Services, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is seeking Desk Top Support / Tier I in Washington DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing telephone, email, web and walk-in support to the client end-user community.
- Issues will include problems, errors, training, general questions, and general use.
- Candidates will provide first-level troubleshooting support, problem resolution and walk the user through a series of steps to determine the nature of the problem.
- Candidates will be responsible for creating, tracking, and resolving Remedy tickets; ensure problem ownership and promote end-user satisfaction.
Required (Mandatory Qualifications):
- Associates Degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of help desk/customer service phone support experience.
- HDI Support Center Analyst,
- HDI Customer Service Representative.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills are essential.
- Strong command (both speaking and writing) of the English language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a wide range of skills and knowledge in computer software.
- Must exercise excellent analytical, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Must have an understanding of technical support practices such as ticket documentation, service level agreements, statistics and escalation processes.
- General Knowledge of PC Hardware, networking, and a good working knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7.
- High-level knowledge of MS Office 2003/2007/2010, especially, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Quick learner, self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be customer focused, a team player, and able to multi-task.
- Knowledge of ticket tracking software (e.g. Remedy).
- Keyboarding skills are required since a major portion of the work will be to enter information into incident tickets in the Remedy Incident Management System.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician and/or Acertifications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in a modern office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS:
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to acquire a Secret clearance.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.