Y-Tech, LLC. has several exciting career opportunities in a variety of skill-levels. If you are looking for growth and an opportunity to be more than just a number all while being part of a dynamic fast-growing team...
Help Desk/Tech Support Specialist (Tier 2)
Y-Tech has an immediate opening for a Help Desk/Tech Support Specialist (Tier 2). The Help Desk/Tech Support Specialist (Tier 2) will work onsite at a government agency and be responsible for providing end user support. In addition, they will be responsible for installing, maintaining and documenting of local IT environment throughout the entire life cycle.
- Provide direct support to end-user to address issues and resolve incidents related to end-user devices including desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices, phones and phone systems, conference room technologies, and any associated peripherals and components such a thin client, printers, fax machines, and other end-user technologies.
- Ensure all local backups are successfully completed, documented and tested.
- Maintain inventory of IT Assets
- Maintain local server and infrastructure racks, including cabling, hardware installation, power management etc.
- Monitor local servers, UPS, and other enterprise equipment. Effect repairs, updates, or replacements as needed.
- Diagnose, identify, isolate and analyze problems based on information presented by end users. Resolve technical problems and answers questions as necessary in support of end-user infrastructure technologies.
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems that may be widespread or affecting staff.
- Provide recommendations for end user technology based on historical problem solving and experience, as requested.
- Support and trouble shoot server and network infrastructure at supported locations and work with enterprise network and server services to resolve incidents.
- Accurately track and document all inventory changes and perform full hardware or software inventories as often as contractually required.
- Perform additional enterprise engineering, implementation, or troubleshooting work as workload allows.
- Perform other duties are requested which may include performing system administration and Tier 1 - 3 support as part of the service desk queue.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as needed on a regular schedule as well as for local special events.
- Follows defined procedures for incident resolution:
- Accurately document all requests for support in an approved Government ticket tracking system, and all Vendor- or Government-identified outages, problems or incidents.
- NARA user requests for support are received by the NARA Service Desk via phone call, e-mail or in-person.
- Enter all requests into NARA's ticket tracking system and assign a tracking system ticket number.
- Enter data according to the approved service desk manual as well as Track and update trouble tickets according to the approved service desk manual.
- Close trouble tickets in accordance with the approved service desk manual.
- Bachelor's Degree or Additional 4 years' experience
- 5 years general IT experience, including 4 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Some Travel Required
- Unrestricted ability to independently lift and move PC hardware and peripherals.
- Possess an ITIL certification.
Y-Tech is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.