- Position Type: W2 Contract (No Corp to Corp)
- Duration: 18 months +
- Location: Bentonville, AR
The ideal Project Manager should possess the following skills and experience:
- Prior Project Management in a fast-paced IT project environment, specifically Helpdesk team lead or project management experience
- Prior Customer Interfacing
- Strong Microsoft Knowledge
- Excel - Formulas, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Concatenated VLOOKUP
- PowerPoint – Presentations
- Team Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Logistics, Technical, Financial, Scheduler, and External Teams
- Time Management
- Risk & Issue Management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Problem-solving skills – Ability to resolve problems when they arise, and or ready to anticipate problems before they happen
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- PO Creation and Review
- Cost Recovery
- Vendor Billing Management
- Ability to implement deadlines and meet delivery times
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills – Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Personal organization
- Understanding multi-vendor environments
- Maintain all project documentation
- Writing, Editing, and sharing with appropriate team members
Preferred Skills for the Project Manager include:
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- Prior project help desk experience
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Process Improvement
- Select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle
- Take part in our savings programs and educational plans
- We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contact Gina Lyles at 254-547-4817 CST or email firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp and reference job number 18206300. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.