Highrise Construction Superintendent
The Rinaldi Group, LLC., a NYC high-rise builder of residential rentals and condos, hotels and office buildings, is seeking a highly skilled individual as the Project Superintendent.
The candidate must be well versed and experienced with all 16-AIA trade classifications of construction and building, most particularly, Site Logistics & Site Safety in coordination and conjunction with the NYCDOB/NYCDOT/FDNY and Con Edison, in addition to SOE, Concrete Foundation, Concrete Superstructure, Building Envelope, Elevators & MEPS.
Minimum 5-years’ experience as a Project Superintendent in commercial residential, hotel and office building construction projects that range in value between $30-Million and $150-Million and encompass full ground-up, renovation and conversion construction between 10-Stories & 40-Stories, while spanning between 75,000 SF and 400,000 SF in gross buildable construction.
Candidate must be a highly motivated, cost-conscious, organized, multi-tasker with good communication and paperwork skills including job reporting, weekly progress job meetings and dealing directly with Owners & Design Teams in addition to the Trades. Must be hands-on and capable of using a Builder’s Level and/or Transit and must be proficient in providing and checking Layout and checking Grades & Elevations. Must be versed in and experienced using Microsoft Office with knowledge and familiarity using Project Management software such as Primavera or MS Projects, Procore, Submittal Exchange and/or other similar programs.
Candidate must also have an ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment and this individual must be a loyal, dedicated company employee and teammate type. Core responsibilities of this full-time, permanent position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing project scheduling & expediting and 3rd party inspections and testing
- Assisting in development and implementation of operating processes and strategies
- Procuring & scheduling materials & equipment deliveries, providing activities scheduling & input for in-house scheduler and preparing & submitting each day, daily reports, time-sheets and/or man-power logs.
- Full-time on-site supervision of ALL construction activities
- Organizing the Project Team, including Trades and ensuring that they are performing as required
- General inspection of the workers and their performance and safety
- Creating team and project time lines and communicating effectively
- Must oversee all project activities, including subcontractors & vendors, staff scheduling, trade coordination and compliance with NYCDOB & OSHA safety rules & regulations
Must have knowledge, understanding and mastery of ALL project plans, including but not limited to site work, civil & SOE, structural, architectural & interior design and MEPS, including plumbing riser diagrams & fixture placement plans & schedules, electrical riser & feeder diagrams, lighting plans & light-fixture schedules & specifications and knowledge and experience with local building codes and ordinances.
Must have ability to push a Project Schedule along with the Trade contractors and their respective project teams. Must have a strong personality with good leadership skills and field generalship, capable of directing the different work activities and crews.
Firm has steady growth over past 15-years with current book-of-business in excess of $750-Million. Positions are permanent hire with full benefits and no employee participation, including 401-K and full Health, Dental & Prescription Eyeglass coverage, including Life & Disability Insurance packages as well; Salary range will be commensurate with experience and educational background.