BELT Construction, Inc. a 30 year family owned local Utility Construction company is diversely branching out and building into new heights. Now starting a new Home building division here in Texarkana Belt is looking for an experienced Project Manager.
Salary: $ Will be Based on Experience
Project Manager: Will need experience knowledge and a background of custom home building in the commercial and residential market to manage multiple projects in the Texarkana and surrounding areas.
An ideal candidate will have strong management and technical skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, architects, trade contractors, employees and owners. A strong desire to ensure satisfaction to small detail while delivering projects within the specified budget and time frame is vital to this position. Ability to manage multiple projects, use prudent judgment when setting priorities and make sound decisions.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Determine and obtain necessary permits and licenses. Meet with municipal officials in planning and zoning, building, or water and sewer departments. Apply for special permits during construction. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations. Coordinate and stand inspections.
- Prepares contracts and negotiates revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with suppliers and subcontractors. Direct and supervise all laborers and subcontractors and obtain progress updates from subcontractors. Requisition all supplies and materials ordered and delivered on site.
- Develop and implement quality control programs. Reduce length of project punch list through implementation of quality-control measures during course of construction. Take action to deal with delays, bad weather, or emergencies. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays to ensure proper procedure implementation.
- Consult regularly with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve issues, scheduling deadlines and impact of changes to provide project status updates, manage material selection and ordering, and discuss any adjustments to the project budget. Prepare weekly progress reports for clients and project team.
- Conduct field walk throughs to ensure quality, consistency and production with owners, architects and other contractors to insure construction progress
- Ensure that the project budgets are being managed correctly, ensure the project schedule is being maintained, driven and tracked, ensure the project is being built technically sound, documenting changes and “As-builts”
- Ten (10) years of Construction Five (5) years of construction project management experience with oversight/management of production
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ability to read and understand Architectural plan sets
- Technical understanding of residential and commercial construction codes, sequencing, and building practices
- Ability to gather information, prepare reports and communicate effectively
- Experience with complex and highend projects