Abacus Staffing is seeking a Home Hospital Teacher.
NATURE OF WORK:
The Home/Hospital Teaching Program is short-term instruction for students who are unable to attend regular classes due to properly diagnosed physical or emotional health conditions. Generally, students receive six hours per week of instruction for approximately 60 days.
- Direct and evaluate student learning experiences; and
- Provide guidance to students to promote educational development and welfare
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an academic plan for the student;
- Develop a teaching schedule with the student and parent;
- Prepare written lessons for each student meeting;
- Plan according to the instructional needs and abilities of the student; must implement IEP, if applicable;
- Relate plans to the county curriculum and to the classroom teachers’ plans;
- Develop effective strategies to deal with physical/emotional disabilities;
- Assist students with learning activities;
- Cooperate with students and staff;
- Maintain open lines of communication with students, staff, and parents; and
- Incorporate technology into lessons
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current teacher certification is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, staff development, and assessment process.
- Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this position will be $18.00 per hour (Bachelor’s Degree) or $20.00 per hour (Master’s Degree).
Apply online today at www.AbacusOnline.jobs For more information, contact us at 301-475-7176.