The Hospice RN will be responsible for implementing nursing plans for individual patients and conducting comprehensive physical assessments.
The Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for working 4 evenings during the week and every other Saturday, Sunday from 3 pm – 11 pm. No offsite travel required. This is a full time, permanent role.
- Provide direct control of the entire care plan, including planning, implementation, and assessment.
- Work with other physicians to ensure constant communications about any changes or updates to the treatment plan.
- Ensure all necessary supplies are present and available in the hospice environment.
- Deliver a nursing report to the other staff.
- Track the status of the patient, including their level of pain and comfort.
- Work with the patients and their families to ensure that they are fully informed and made aware of educational resources pertaining to conditions and procedures.
- Act in a professional and interpersonal manner with patients and their family.
- Coordinate with physicians to keep them up to date on the status and condition of patients.
- Work with the necessary community providers regarding patient care.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Must have a Nursing Degree from an accredited school and be registered to practice in NY State.
- 2+ years of previous experience working as an RN administering clinical and direct patient care.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be compassionate and willing to work with families and patients going through tough times.
- Valid NY State Driver’s License is required
- Any further hospice and/or nursing certifications are a plus.