Hospital Medicine Fellowship at Bridgeport Hospital is a unique one-year program which provides training in academic medicine, quality improvement, hospital administration and leadership. The focus on hospital administration and leadership is unlike any other Hospital Medicine fellowships in the US. The program ensures 40% protected time for non-clinical activities.
Highlights of the program include:
- Gain experience in hospital administration functions such as operational and financial aspects through year-long scheduled one on one meetings with senior leadership within the hospital and health system and attendance at high level system meetings
- Opportunity to design and lead a quality improvement project along with an accompanying business proposal
- Formal courses on medical education, quality improvement, leadership and business management from the Institute For Excellence and Institute for Health Improvement
- Participation in the Bridgeport Hospital Physician Leadership Academy and the Stanford Faculty Development course at Yale
- One on one coaching from Institute for Excellence
- Clinical teaching rotations as well teaching activities such as morning report and medical student lectures
- Activities and objectives tailored to the specific needs and interests of the fellow
Bridgeport Hospital, located in Fairfield County has 501 licensed beds on two campuses plus 42 beds licensed under Yale New Haven Children's Hospital, more than 2,600 employees, more than 1,100 active physicians representing more than 60 sub-specialties and 230 medical/surgical residents and fellows in programs affiliated with Yale School of Medicine.
This one-year non-accredited fellowship starts July 1st 2020' of the new academic year with orientation the week prior. Applicants must be a graduate of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Medicine-Pediatrics and be Board-Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
Our goal is to develop a well-rounded a physician leader in Hospital Medicine. Interested applicants should send their CV to Tabassum Firoz, MD at Tabassum.Firoz@bpthosp.org or Natasha Rotella at firstname.lastname@example.org.