Are you a service-oriented person with experience in a hospitality role in a professional environment? We are seeking a hospitality associate to provide exceptional service for the New York office of a global, top-tier law firm. The Hospitality Associate is responsible for providing hospitality and catering services for client and internal meetings and special events, managing employee kitchens and pantry supplies, and providing general assistance in other related departments including reception and facilities. Williams Lea Tag provides a range of support services for this law firm, and the right candidate will have the opportunity to learn skills in other service lines if desired.
(* denotes an "essential function")
- * Check conference room and meeting scheduler throughout shift and make note of any changes to ensure meetings are set-up accurately.
- *Set up conference rooms according to client's request, including audio/visual equipment, food, beverages, utensils, ice, etc.
- * Clean up conference rooms after use and return property to vendors if necessary.
- * Prepare coffee and other beverages in assigned kitchens each morning.
- * Clean up coffee makers in each kitchen in the evening.
- Communicate with supervisor or client on meeting request concerns or deadline issues.
- Maintain inventory of catering supplies and order supplies as needed.
- *Place orders for food and beverages for use during meetings
- Assist in training new hires.
- * Prioritize work flow.
- Assist in process improvement ideas.
- Answer telephone in hospitality center.
- Adhere to Williams Lea Tag policies in addition to client site policies.
- Use equipment and supplies in a cost efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Provide back-up support to Reception and/or Office Services as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum (1) year professional experience preferably in hospitality, restaurant or housekeeping industry.
- Able to make independent decisions that conform to business needs and policy.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and complete all projects in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Professional attire and demeanor required.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills, with the ability and understanding of when to escalate a problem to a supervisory level.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to operate basic audio/visual equipment.
- Professional telephone demeanor.
- Ability to anticipate client's needs for meetings and events.
- Must be self-motivated with positive can do attitude.
- Proven customer service skills are required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
It is the policy of Williams Lea to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity of expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Williams Lea is a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.