SUMMARY: Provides leadership, direction, and support to the Housekeepers under the guidance of the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeping Manager. Responsible for coordinating and leading the Housekeeping team in the daily activities of the Housekeeping Department. Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of assigned areas. The Team Leader is responsible for working in accordance with approved policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In residential apartments (IL,and CC) and patient rooms (skilled nursing/post-acute/LTC) as applicable:
- Clean kitchen, bathroom, living room, bedrooms, including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, removing trash
- Ability to be flexible and honor other apartment cleaning requests of the resident that can be completed in the allotted time
- Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule
- In common areas, clean to meet Erickson standards:
- Clean public bathrooms including counters, mirrors, sinks, lavatories, fixtures
- Clean lobbies/living rooms including vacuuming, high and low dusting, de-cluttering, removing trash, spot clean walls/windows/switches, baseboards, pictures, lights, HVAC vents
- Clean classrooms including dusting, vacuuming, white/chalk boards, tables/chairs
- Assist with collection, bagging, and disposal of trash, as well as replacing trashcan liners
- Clean offices to standard with little disruption
- May be asked to assist with set-ups, requiring movement of furniture.
- Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as changes in behavior
- Maintains resident rights and maintains confidentiality of
- Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions
- Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services, as required
- Perform other duties as requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Community
- Schedule and supervise daily work assignments
- Trains, mentors, and coaches new employees
- Investigates and resolves complaints
- Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices
- Ensures adequate supply levels are maintained
- Inspects assigned areas and equipment to ensure that cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
- Keep supervisor and manager informed of all pertinent information in a timely manner
- Ensure that the teams paperwork is properly completed each day
- Assist with Quality Assurance checks
- Additionally, perform any duty requested by Management to ensure efficient and effective operation of Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent; customer service, communication and problem solving skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to use and operate all required equipment
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Strong knowledge of Housekeeping operations
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to motivate staff
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One to three years’ experience in Housekeeping.
Previous experience in a leadership role (preferred)
Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
Proficiency working with computers (preferred)