Human Factors Engineer
Location: Reston VA
Duration: 6 month duration
As a Human Factors Engineer - User Research, you will use your analytical skills to plan and conduct evaluative research (card sorting, tree testing, usability, heuristics, personas) and support user centered design research efforts (contextual inquiry, ethnography and data mining).
· Work with product owners to determine research needs and prioritize those needs to align with business goals and objectives.
· Use your knowledge of research methodologies, human factors, and user centered design for how to improve the usability of business applications.
· Proven ability to collaborate and work with designers, developers, product managers to formulate and address research questions
· Work with UX team to plan and execute user studies, develop success criteria, analyze results and provide recommendations in accordance with FDA and other regulatory guidance (where applicable)
· Work with UX team to establish methodologies and best practices
· Bachelors/Masters in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, or related field, or equivalent related experience
· 5+ years of relevant experience working as a researcher within a UX team
· Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
· Research experience with mobile devices
· Experience with lean UX methodology a plus
· Previous experience with healthcare a plus
· Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
· Strong communicator, who can comfortably present their research to team members and senior leaders
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with corporate know-how
· Comfortable working in an agile development environment