Overall Purpose of the Job
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management in supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, safety, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative
· Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
· Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
· Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees.
· Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
· Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements.
· Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
· Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
· Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
· Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
· Handle Safety Concerns, meetings and other Safety functions as required.
· Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
· English, Spanish preferred
· Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, dealing with individuals at all levels
· High energy, with the ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Computer proficiency - Advanced MS Office … Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ADP of advantage
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in HR
· Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated individual (proactive attitude)
· Ability to learn quickly and follow established processes
· Good customer service skills
Complexity and Creativity
· Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team across different departments
· Able to troubleshoot where and when needed
· Capable of building strong relationships internally and externally
· Comfortable of working under only general supervision
· Able of connecting dots and identifying patterns (grey matter - thinking outside the box)
Judgement and Decision Making
· Ability to define problems and provide potential solutions
· Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliver on tight deadlines
· Capable of carrying out independently various data analysis, projects and formulate findings in verbal & written form
· Able to provide and communicate sound information to Management, supporting them in their decision making process, convince them to gain buy in on process enhancements/developments
This position does not involve any supervisory responsibilities.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this role it requires the ability to: stand occasionally, walk frequently, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), view computer monitor, use telephone, speak and hear on a frequent basis. The role requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.