RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Human Resource Manager in Christiansburg, Virginia (VA).
The Human Resources Manager role will play a key role by providing both tactical and strategic support through daily interactions with key business leaders. The incumbent will be involved in projects, continuous improvement activities, and the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing plant of approximately 350 employees in a union environment.
The Human Resources Manager oversees the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting/employment, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee and labor relations, training and development, benefits and compensation.
- Partner with HR and business leaders to drive integrated HR and business initiatives and support and foster a culture of engagement and high performance
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to ensure alignment and effective delivery of HR support/services to the business
- Support all people initiatives and practices including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, benefits, diversity, etc.
- Provide sound advice and counsel to management on all employee and labor relations matters; ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, guidance and support on employee and labor relations issues
- Develop staffing plans and forecasts, succession plans, directs recruiting actions, and manages reductions in force
- Develop and implement programs to maintain positive employee relations and to build relationships with local communities and business/education
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 5-7 years of relevant and progressive Human Resources experience in a complex Business Partner role or broad HR leadership position; manufacturing environment required
- Collective Bargaining experience; able to provide guidance with and conduct investigations of concerns and complaints; involve appropriate individuals, seek Legal advice, when appropriate, and successfully resolve employee relations issues with credible, creative and consistent solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all staff levels and backgrounds
- Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills; familiarity with SAP preferred
- Exceptional relationship building skills and ability to partner with colleagues to influence broader HR strategies and practices to link HR strategy to business goals for the benefit of the enterprise
- Strong consulting, influencing and negotiation skills on all HR disciplines including recruitment, talent, leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation, and diversity
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented with a track record of success in delivering on business objectives
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.