Are you ready to try something different? Are you looking to join a Company that is forward thinking and fun? Then Mission Foods is the place for you!!
Brief Summary of Position:
This position will report to the Regional Director of Human Resources and will provide human resources service, advice and counsel to the Plant's management and employee team in the acquisition, development, deployment, and retention of their organization’s human resources while remaining strategically aligned with the business’ strategy, goals and objectives.
Establishes and maintains effective and supportive business relationships with the Plant Manager and his/her staff to ensure business strategy, goals and results are achieved.
- Provides service to all Plant employees through the education, communication, and administration of payroll, benefits, record-keeping, employee relations, health and safety, and career/professional development.
- Coordinates with Plant Management to recruit, identify, and select candidates to fill vacant positions within the Plant.
- Conducts the on-boarding and in-processing for employees new to the Plant as well as off-boarding for employees leaving the organization.
- Facilitates the collection and dissemination of company information through appropriate communication channels to plant employees on behalf of plant management and the company.
- Coaches employees, supervisors and managers in effective interpersonal communications and conflict resolution.
- Ensures Federal, State, and Company Policy and Procedure Compliance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree with at least 5 years of applicable business experience, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above. SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
- Extensive experience in human resources generalist roles gained within manufacturing environment, with a proven track record in leading HR teams to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery of human resources services and products.
- Team management/leadership/development skills, including the ability to manage people in an organizational matrix and get the best out of them. Successful in building and mentoring high performance teams committed to quality and promoting a spirit of teamwork and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Strong customer focus approach to HR with a passion for ensuring employees are appropriately served to meet needs, concerns or issues with proper empathy and resolution orientation.
- Effective decision making skills to include the ability to comprehensively identify a situation or opportunity, determine multiple courses of action, assess the risk associated with each course, and effectively decide and act on a decision.
- Strength of character to pursue the HR excellence agenda and articulate this across his/her group. The determination, attitude and capability to act as a driver of change and results.
- Maturity, self-confidence and strong communication skills will be critical to this leadership role where the ability to influence within the organization is of key importance. As the HR Leader, the successful candidate will be able to command respect and credibility across the group for purposes of coaching and influencing others.
- A multicolored approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within a matrixes environment.
- High level of business or related academic achievement.
- Experience in financial management to include budget and analysis of projects and programs to ensure an acceptable return on investment is achieved.
- Knowledge of labor, wage and hour, ADA, EEOC, OSHA and other employment laws is required.
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Liliana_Gil@missionfoods.comHelp or call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.