Our client, an exclusive OC Based Municipality has an immediate need for an Analyst for their Human Resources Department on a contract basis for 2-3 months (possibly longer.) The Human Resources Analyst will perform a variety of responsible professional, administrative and analytical duties in support of one or more Human Resources' Department program areas including labor related costs, classifications and compensation structures and to provide responsible staff assistance to the Human Resources Director or other management staff.
Human Resources Analyst Objectives:
- Design and perform a variety of administrative studies, statistical analyses and projects; research, compile and analyze data; prepare reports of findings and recommendations related to human resources programs and services
- Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents including staff reports, citywide communications, administrative policies and procedures, and memorandum
- Assist in preparing, monitoring and coordinating departmental projects; maintain appropriate documentation for regulatory agencies
- Research, analyze, and participate in the maintenance of job classification plans; prepare or revise job specifications; conduct classification and compensation studies and draft reports; recommend salary range placements and adjustments; implement and review salary structure and merit adjustments for compliance with policies and procedures
- Assist with coordinating the employee benefits programs including health and welfare benefits, deferred compensation, pension, disability and leaves of absence; coordinate with vendors and third party administrator in managing workers' compensation and other benefits
- Provide assistance during the labor negotiations process; conduct surveys and provide statistical reports of pay and benefits; evaluate changes to bargaining unit memorandum of understanding and recommend applicable changes to personnel rules and regulations
- A combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Experience: Three years' related professional level analysis and/or administrative experience. (Public sector experience highly desirable.)
- Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, business analytics, public or personnel administration or a related field.
The assignment starts right away!
Hourly pay rate is based on experience combined with the current market hourly pay range starting in the low $30's up to $35/hr.