Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Human Resources Associate, Projects will lead and support a number of projects for Springer Nature US, including the administration of the US immigration program, leading the US freelancer engagement program, coordinating compensation projects, and developing HR processes in the US. This role offers the right candidate an opportunity to strengthen both HR Generalist and project management skills, while joining a dynamic HR team that supports over 900 employees across the US.
- Coordinate the US immigration program, to include monitoring employee work authorizations, visa requests and renewals, and green card requests.
- Liaise with external vendors to ensure speedy and accurate visa applications and filings.
- Lead our internal freelancer engagement process including, but not limited to, the review of potential independent contractor arrangements with an eye to federal and local regulations, and overseeing internal record-keeping requirements for independent contractor relationships and third party staffing vendors.
- Manage our account with third-party staffing vendors, including processing of invoices and ensuring the accuracy of regular reporting from said vendors.
- Partner with the Human Resources team on annual compensation projects, including salary and incentive programs and provide support to other global compensation incentive sales programs.
- Participate in an annual review of federal, state, and local wage and hour regulations to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager, Projects and other key HR stakeholders to help develop and document HR procedures, and streamline processes.
- Support a variety of trainings and company-sponsored programs, including sourcing internal venues, coordinating catering, and marketing the program to internal clients.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years' progressive experience in an HR Generalist function
- Strong multi-tasking skills, the ability to function well in a constantly changing environment
- Strong project management experience
- Previous experience working within a global environment preferred
- Understanding of US immigration matters preferred
- Understanding of independent contractor engagement and record-keeping desired
- Knowledge of variable compensation programs (bonus, commission) desired
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.