Who we are:
Meridian is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in three different states (Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Human Resources Business Partner:
This position acts as a business partner and consultant for the Human Resources function of the company. The HRBP is responsible for developing relationships with assigned departmental leadership and Family Members. The role identifies departmental needs and serves as a liaison to Talent Acquisition, Compensation & HR Programs, Payroll and Benefits, Training and Development, and/or Culture to develop resolutions.Responsibilities
- Regularly attends meetings with assigned business units
- Assists leadership in HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Investigates employee relations issues; provides guidance and recommendations for resolution to leadership
- Coaches managers in the development and execution of performance management best practices
- Conducts employee investigations and provides resolution when needed
- Assists department leadership with the creation of performance improvement plans and executing terminations
- Facilitates Human Resources training curriculum for employees and leadership
- Assists with communication of updates to HR processes, including annual merit and bonus cycles, performance review, open enrollment, etc.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition and Finance teams on staffing needs and resources for assigned departments
- Verifies I-9 documentation through E-Verify and ensures compliance; resolves any discrepancies
- Analyzes departmental and company turnover trends and metrics; suggests resolution to department leadership
- Processes employee status changes for transfers and promotions
- Updates and maintains organizational charts for assigned units
- Processes and maintains employee relocation documentation for assigned units
- Processes unemployment claims for assigned units
- Ensures the integrity and confidentiality of all personnel records and department records
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Administration or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Administration or equivalent is preferred
- Professional certification in Human Resources is preferred
- At least one (1) to three (3) years of experience working in Human Resources.
- At least two (2) year of employee relations experience
- At least one year of professional administrative experience providing the desired knowledge, skills and abilities is required.
- Experience and understanding of working with confidential personnel documentation is required.
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices.
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time Meridian employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equal Opportunity Employer