ADELMAN TRAVEL has an outstanding opportunity for a self-motivated Human Resources Generalist to join our HR Team at our headquarters in Milwaukee, WI! The human resource generalist is responsible for performing and administering related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting company objectives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
· Develop and conduct employee and management training on topics such as interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, FMLA, sexual harassment, etc.; serve as a back-up for conducting new hire training and orientation.
· Review and provide guidance to management with regards to performance reviews (i.e. annual and performance management) to ensure appropriate effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization.
· Create, maintain and conduct on-boarding surveys and exit interviews; analyze data to gauge employee satisfaction as well as trends or patterns; notify appropriate individuals and/or departments of applicable information.
· Administer benefit programs such as paid time off, life, health, dental and disability insurances, FMLA, Worker's Compensation and ADA.
· Compile, create and maintain all job descriptions.
· Respond to inquiries regarding company policies, procedures and programs.
· Perform all phases of the recruiting process (i.e. write job ads, interview, test and assist in the selection of applicants).
· Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; review and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual; recommend policy changes to management to ensure company compliance.
· Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Maintain accurate employee and company information in the HRIS system.
· Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and assists with ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance; update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Assist management with the development and maintenance of various employee recognition programs.
· Communicate relevant information to management in a timely manner and through appropriate channels.
· Assist management with the development of Human Resources staff by serving as a positive role model and mentor; act as first point of contact for questions.
· Participate as a positive Company ambassador and role model; support and advocate all company policies, decisions, goals and values.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university) with three plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience: Required
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of an HRIS system (ADP preferred)
Basic to intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement