K&L Gates LLP delivers legal services on an integrated and global basis, with more than 2,000 lawyers across five continents. Positioned at strategic intersections of the global economy, K&L Gates has one of the largest contingents of lawyers and offices across the United States of any law firm and strong local presence in key capital cities and world commercial and financial centers. The firm’s extensive latticework of lawyers, practices, and offices - more than 300 lawyers in Europe’s largest economies and one of the largest international practices in Asia among US law firms - creates a worldwide network to serve clients’ growing international needs, with lawyers counseling clients on their most sophisticated legal challenges in all areas of corporate and regulatory law and litigation.
Watch our video, “Grow Your Career at K&L Gates,” to really get a sense of what sets us apart from other law firms.
K&L Gates is currently seeking an HR Generalist located in Downtown Pittsburgh and will support the HR Business Partner team within the US. This role will be responsible for supporting employee relations, leadership development, strategic sourcing and performance management initiatives. This role will also handle the day-to-day HR administration and will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects which may be local, national or global in nature. This position requires someone who is organized, maintains confidentiality, and has excellent computer and communication skills.
Local and global HR team members, business unit leaders, lawyers and staff members
- Support HR Business Partner team with administrative tasks, employee relations investigations, performance management processes and conducting exit interviews
- Facilitate the new onboarding process, including preparing orientation schedules, drafting new hire welcome announcements and conducting new hire orientations
- Provide assigned managers and staff advice regarding HR policies and procedures; collaborating with HR Business Partners
- Prepare, request and distribute HR reports
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to create and develop training materials
- Organize and coordinate the production and distribution of training materials
- Act as liaison between all HR teams including payroll, benefits, recruitment and HRIS
- Create and maintain employee files, conduct file audits, file transfers and update departed employee files
- Coordinate scheduling candidate interviews; assist with the preparation, coordination, and attendance at local job fairs or recruiting events
- Participate in team meetings and actively contribute to HR projects and other support duties
EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrates customer focus and completes tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to take initiative and follow through to ensure a task is complete
- Demonstrates basic project management skills, exemplary attention to detail, the ability meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and communicate progress
- Focuses on continuous improvement and demonstrates an innovative approach
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an environment that is constantly changes and requires quick turnaround
- Previous experience within a law firm, partnership, or other professional services environment desirable
- HR certification; PHR or SHRM-CP desirable
ADDITIONAL ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Some out of hours work or overtime may be required when business needs dictate to ensure that expectations of the position are met
- This job operates in an office setting and is largely sedentary, requiring the routine use of a computer and other standard office equipment. The ability to open file cabinets, lift files, bend, and stand on a stool may also be required.
Any information contained on this description represents the usual method of accomplishing the duties in this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered in appropriate circumstances. However, as the nature of an accommodation may vary depending on the needs and desires of an individual with a disability, it is impossible to describe in advance specific accommodations which will be considered.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Firm is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Firm that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of a person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment and dismissal. In addition, it is the Firm’s policy to provide an environment that is free of unlawful harassment of any kind including, without limitation, that which is sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related or ethnic background-related.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice on all levels, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow into the future. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then K&L Gates could be the right place for you.
If you feel that you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this position, please use the apply now button. Please include a cover letter, salary requirements and an advertisement source in your application.
Notice: We participate in E-Verify in certain Firm locations for purposes of verifying employment eligibility.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.