Summary of Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Generalist plays an integral part of ensuring the development of a high performing workforce and an employee-oriented culture. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the following functional areas: recruiting, employee onboarding, performance management, benefits administration, professional training and development, employee record maintenance and employee recognition.
- Implement recruiting plans and strategies.
- Screen, interview, check references, and evaluate candidates for all levels of positions.
- Actively work to develop pipeline of experienced applicants as needed for all firm office locations.
- Responsible for college campus recruiting initiatives.
- Look for opportunities to work with local middle schools and high schools to promote the profession.
- Oversee new hire onboarding process, including conducting new hire training on HR items.
- Collect and process new hire paperwork; ensure personnel files are complete and accurate.
- Make updates to New Hire Handbook as needed.
- Administer the performance evaluation process for all levels of employees, ensuring annual reviews are completed in a timely manner. Attend employee review meetings as needed.
- Accumulate data from performance reviews and prepare corresponding reports for management.
- Prepare paperwork for performance review meetings; ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in the development of employee goals relating to performance as needed.
- Administer enrollments and terminations in the firm’s profit sharing and 401(k) plans, medical, dental, and vision plans, disability, and life insurance.
- Interact with benefit brokers to resolve employee questions or issues.
- Ensure required documents are processed through payroll and insurance providers for accurate recordkeeping and proper deductions.
- Assist in managing annual open enrollment period. Arrange for distribution of materials from carriers, assist with communicating changes to employees, and arrange for on-site representation by providers.
Professional Training and Development
- Track professional license renewals; ensure current licenses are on file.
- Oversee tracking of goals and other employee accomplishments.
- Work with Director of Education and Firm Administrator on employee development and training needs.
Employee Record Maintenance
- Ensure communication within the firm regarding HR policies and required notices; ensure Employee Handbook is posted and accessible for employees.
- Process employee status changes.
- Ensure that employee job descriptions are updated.
- Oversee employee leave time.
- Oversee employee recognition programs and communicate employee accomplishments to the firm as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business related field.
- Prefer at least 3 years experience in a HR role.
- SPHR or PHR preferred or actively pursuing.
- Knowledge of government regulations related to employment, such as FMLA, EEOC, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Understanding of insurance regulations, plan designs, and third-party record keeping/administration.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft applications. Experience with HRIS and ATS systems preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise good time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to manage processes.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, prioritize work and develop realistic action plans.
- Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to travel on occasion up to 10%.
Please apply at: https://maherduessel.applytojob.com/apply/hr7vT9R3XP/Human-Resources-Generalist?source=monster