Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., a privately-held company based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of HR Specialist. This full-time position is located at Hobby Lobby’s corporate campus in Oklahoma City. This position works closely with other members of the HR/Benefits/Leave/Legal Department.
This position will help ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws by:
- Advise managers on appropriate action regarding personnel issues in accordance with federal, state and municipal laws and company policies.
- Educate management on employment laws and company policies,
- Work with management to resolve employee concerns and complaints in compliance with Company policy and philosophy and applicable laws.
- Facilitating interactive processes compliant with ADA guidelines.
- Serve as a resource for management regarding compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
Job Description - Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws, including Title VII, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, and state and local laws
- Working knowledge of state and local laws in all states preferred
- Experience (at least 3 years) advising on employment law compliance and human resources policies and protocols (multistate preferred);
- Critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and very effective in a team environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (SAP experience a plus);
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Flexible Spending Benefits
- Corporate Clinic Access
- Life Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Vacations and Personal Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Business Casual Dress Code
- Excellent Facilities and Work Environment
EOE - Drug/Alcohol testing complaint with applicable statutes.
For reasonable accommodation of disability during the hiring process call (877) 303-4547.