Cellofoam North America is an industry leading plastics manufacturing and service company. We manufacture a uniquely diverse portfolio of proprietary and custom products to serve an ever expanding and diverse market base. Cellofoam North America Inc has been built on a vision for new business opportunities and executing those opportunities by re-investing internally and through acquisitions.
The Human Resources Manager is the Strategic Business Partner responsible for providing Human Resources support to the business leader(s) and other function(s) as assigned. This support includes but is not limited to coaching, counsel, guidance, recruiting, employee relations, onboarding, compensation, benefit administration, succession planning, evaluations, organizational assessments, policy administration, training, counseling, acquisitions and integration. The Human Resources Manager will lead the human resources and payroll team as well as support a company group of 500 employees.
- Act as strategic and tactical Human Resources support to the company’s business units and being fully engaged in the day to day operations of the business leaders. Provides HR assistance, counsel, advice and operates as a strategic thought partner to the business unit leader pursuit to achieving goals and objectives. Sit on leadership team influencing both HR and non-HR business issues.
- Drive action plan and strategy with company leaders to ensure appropriate organizational structure, evaluate employee performance and development, drive talent improvement, and manage succession planning. Drive talent development across assigned organization.
- Lead the HR and Payroll team to provide strategic and tactical support to the organization through Business Partnership, Compensation, Benefits and Payroll Administration, Employee Relations, Recruitment, Organizational Design and Development and Change Leadership.
- Recruits to staff hourly and salaried positions by working through contingency search firms, job fairs, governmental agencies and on-line applicant searches. Implement recruiting/interviewing processes and standard work within management team.
- Define and drive organizational culture. Facilitate metrics and organizational communication strategy to drive culture.
- Develop HR bench strength; ensure delivery of HR support across multiple locations.
- Lead the company’s senior staff in organization design activities which will position the business to meet and/or exceed its strategic and operating objectives.
- Drive the development and execution of detailed professional development plans for internal succession candidates.
- Lead the group's professional and managerial recruiting to be "top-grade with A-players".
- Play a key leadership role in driving a substantial cultural transformation.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a performance management and compensation process to be aligned with the company's strategic operating objectives.
- Manage all labor and employee relations activities.
- 7+ years’ experience plus the education listed below.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred.
- Results orientation, a continuous improvement mindset, and the ability to measure and hold a team accountable to results through Key Performance Indicators, Metrics, and identification of Root Cause and Countermeasures.
- Must be able to build rapport and engender credibility and trust across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to lead, develop, and inspire a team.
- Ability to confidently advise, provide feedback to and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to drive culture change and work across a complex matrixed environment - has the ability to directly and indirectly "lead".
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Skilled managerial expertise to appropriately manage a staff to ensure successful completion of responsibilities and coaching skills that enable him or her to coach and/or counsel other management personnel in the management of their reports.
- Ability to adapt communication content and style to the audience and positively influence others.
- Well-developed skills in evaluating talent to determine the highest probability of success for potential hires or promotional assignments and career development.
- Highly intelligent and very resourceful, combining strong HR abilities with good overall management acumen
- Functional computer skills such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Visio
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related subject required
- MBA or Masters in Human Resources preferred
- Travel is primary local during the business day; some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER