SUMMARY: Serves as a liaison to and is responsible for assisting department managers/supervisor, employees and potential employees with all aspect of employment including recruiting, retention, training, and counseling compensation and employee benefits. Has a Strong customer contact and service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned and can vary depending on the business needs of each community. **
- Provide an advocacy/consulting role for employees experiencing problems/issues that impact their jobs.
- Assist in responding to employees’ relation issues in partnership with appropriate line manager/supervisor.
- Facilitate the recruiting and selection process. Work with management to ensure the selection of the best candidate for all positions.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee hiring process.
- Deliver the New Employee Orientation-update and maintain any relevant materials.
- Assist in the formation and interpretation of policies and programs.
- Develop, facilitate and deliver management training and other employee workshops and classes.
- Track and ensure EEOC, FMLA, ADA and OSHA compliance.
- Process Unemployment and Worker Compensation claims.
- Administer and monitor benefits plans to health, EAP, tuition reimbursement and retirement programs. Facilitate employee communication to enhance the understanding and appreciation of benefits programs.
- Process governmental filings and report employment issues.
- Coordinate and develop employee event planning and employee development programs.
- Monitor employee appraisal process
- Generate management information reports from HRIS at the request of client.
**See Accountabilities Chart
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to initiate and implement necessary plans and programs to ensure legal compliance
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office, database software systems and programs
- Able to handle multiple priorities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of relevant human resources experience required
- College degree preferred. Degree may be substituted with additional years of HR experience.
- Experience with an HRIS program preferred