Human Resources Manager
Union, New Jersey
Established in 1976, Summit Security Services is the premier security services firm in the Greater NY-NJ-CT area and one of the largest privately held security services companies in the United States. Operating from our Corporate Headquarters in Uniondale, New York and from our six Regional Offices, Summit offers comprehensive security solutions to hundreds of clients across numerous industries. Our 4,000 security professionals provide approximately 5 million hours of security services each year.
Our continued growth and expansion has created an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resources professional. The HR Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the human resources function in a high-volume regional office, ensuring compliance with all federal / state / municipal and Summit regulations, policies and statutes, as well as with CBAs and client contracts (as relates to employee and pay issues), and ensuring adequate staffing levels.
Handles all recruitment and staffing, employee relations issues and employee actions. Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to improve regional HR efficiencies and processes.
- Handles all staffing, including the development of recruitment plans and strategies, candidate screening, assessment and selection, to ensure an adequate supply of qualified candidates.
- Supervises and reviews the entire hiring, transfer and termination process to insure accuracy, compliance and timeliness.
- Handles employee relations issues and disciplinary actions, related investigations, documentation, case evaluation and recommends responses. Coaches and counsels regional management on appropriate resolution to employee issues.
- Reviews incident reports / employee issues / final warnings and terminations to ensure fairness, adherence to progressive discipline process and appropriate documentation. Develops regional staff on proper documentation techniques.
- FMLA / LOA /STD leave management and compliance.
- Implements and oversees corporate HR programs and policies. Educates regional staff on new/revised HR program/policies.
- Conducts audits for HR records and reports to ensure accuracy and compliance, i.e. time and attendance verification, license renewals and re-regs, WC incident reports, unemployment claims processing, LENS program, etc. Makes recommendations for improvements based on analysis of same.
- Represents the Company at Workers Comp, unemployment, grievance hearings or other litigation.
- Communicates directly and routinely with VP HR and Regional Management to ensure compliance with, and to make recommendations to improve HR processes and programs.
- A minimum of five (5) years successful hands-on HR management and front-line conflict resolution experience in a similar role in a high volume setting.
- Thorough knowledge of employment practices and related regulations and laws.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A pro-active attitude is must
- Experience working with a unionized workforce desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of employees and management.
- HR Experience within the Security, Building Services, Contingent Staffing, Retail, Banking or hospitality industries desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; SHRM Certification a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates - please submit your resume